In this tutorial, I will discuss how to attach the ALV Variant to a transport request no. So basically, I will not discuss here how to create a report which will be displayed via an ALV grid. I presumed, you have now created your own report using an ALV grid.
1. Run your report and it should display the ALV grid with its standard toolbar.The first thing to do is to create a variant by clicking this button "Save layout" button or press CTRL + F10. Take note, the variant to be created here will show the arrangement of the columns of your ALV grid. So before creating a variant, arrange first your columns with your preference then create your variant.
2. In this screen, fill up the name of your variant. Dont remove the symbol "/". Just add the name of your variant after that symbol (see below sample). Then type a description of your variant. Then click the ok button.
3. Next, go to Settings-->Layout-->Layout Management.
4. The name of your variant will be displayed in here just like below.
5. Finally, on the main menu, click on Layout-->Transport. This will call now the transport request window were you can now add your variant to your transport no.
Enjoy. Keep on reading. :)
Good morning people around the world. Its me again doing some blogs. Sharing to you some tips and tricks in the SAP world. Well, before I s...
Hello everyone. Its another topic I want to discuss with you today. Pause for a moment and take a look with this simple ALV grid below. Do y...
Hello dearest ABAPers all over the world. It's Saturday today and its my rest day. Its me again sharing to you what I learned over the...
While developing a program, I need to show a pop screen. Normally, I do this way. CALL SCREEN 200 STARTING AT 2 2. However, I have a p...